Web Site Privacy Statement
Effective Date: October 29, 2013
Monster, Inc. and its corporate affiliates ("Monster" or "we") provide this Website Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to respect your privacy. This Website Privacy Statement explains how we collect certain personal information at our website at www.monsterproducts.com and any permutations thereof that directly link to this Website Privacy Statement. This Website Privacy Statement also explains how we use and disclose such information - it does not, however, apply to our use of data that we collect otherwise (e.g., offline or through web sites of our foreign subsidiaries). If you do not agree with this Website Privacy Statement, please do not access or use our website.
Personal and Non-Personal Information
Generally, you can visit Monster on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. We collect no such information about you when you visit our Web Site unless you choose to provide that information to us. Monster may request or collect certain personally identifiable information, i.e., information by which you can be identified, such as your name (first and last), address (city, state, zip), e-mail address, telephone number, etc. ("Personal Information") in certain circumstances, as described in this Web Site Privacy Statement and in specific privacy notices (described at the end of this Web Site Privacy Statement under the header "Situations in Which you Submit Personal Information").
Log Files and Aggregate Information
Like most website operators, we collect and use IP addresses from browsing machines to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Monster does not link this information with Personal Information about individual users. We may share with potential partners our aggregated demographic information and aggregated information about the transactions conducted on our website. Information we share for these purposes is generally not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person or company.
Third parties employ a software technology called Web beacons or clear, that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Third parties tie the information gathered by Web beacons to our customers' Personal Information.
Social Media (Features) and Widgets.
Situations in Which You Submit Personal Information
In certain situations, we will ask you to submit Personal Information. We will use this Personal Information only as described under the header "Use and Transfer of Personal Information."
- When you purchase a product or setup an online account, you will submit Personal Information such as your name, email address, credit card information and shipping information.
- In order to register your Monster product, you will be asked to complete a product registration form which requires Personal Information.
- When merchandise is sent to you or others.
- When you provide information about yourself and your equipment using the Monster Home Theater Connection Expert.
- When you provide information about yourself in connection with a sweepstake or giveaway offered or sponsored by Monster or a Monser partner.
- When communicating with you or you participate in our voluntary surveys by providing information about yourself and your use of our products.
- If you register for our Monster Wired or any other Monster newsletter, you will provide Personal Information such as your name, address and e-mail address in order to send the newsletters to you.
- In order to deliver additional information that you request about our products or services, we will ask you to provide Personal Information in our customer service form such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address (along with the Monster product you own, the topic of your request and your comments).
- You can also e-mail us your comments or a review about Monster products. In order send your comments, reviews and opinions of Monster products ("Your Statement") to Monster using the Monster Speakup Testimonials form, you will be asked to submit Personal Information such as your name, address, phone number, occupation/profession, e-mail address and Your Statement. Monster will keep this information in its database and may contact you using the Personal Information you've provided. In addition, Monster may in its sole discretion post your name, profession and Your Statement on our website or use your name, profession and Your Statement in marketing materials. Nevertheless, it is our practice to request and receive permission to post testimonials and product reviews that contain personally identifiable information prior to posting. Monster may also share your name, profession and Your Statement with potential partners with consent who may also use your name, profession and Your Statement in marketing materials.
- If you choose to submit a product review that contains personally identifiable information, you should be aware that this information can be read, collected, or used by other users of the website, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information that you submit in this forum.
Use and Transfer of Personal Information
- We do share Personal Information within the Monster affiliated companies, for example, for the purpose of offering you products and information that may be of interest to you.
- In addition, we may transfer Personal Information to third parties who perform services on our behalf in your interest. For example, we may release personal information to third parties to fulfill customer orders, send Monster marketing communications, deliver packages, fulfill subscriptions, schedule and perform installation and servicing, conduct research or surveys, send regular mail and e-mail on behalf of Monster, complete orders, or to process credit card payments. These third party service providers may not use your information for their own marketing purposes and they are contractually restricted from using your Personal Information in a manner other than helping Monster to provide you with our products and services.
- If you do not wish to receive communications from us, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com
with the subject stating "UNSUBSCRIBE", simply opt out during the checkout process, or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each promotional email.
We generally reserve the right, however, to transfer any non-Personal Information without restrictions and to transfer Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, and/or sale of all or substantially all of our assets. Also, we may use or disclose Personal Information as required or permitted by law and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with a legal requirement, a court order, request by law enforcement officials, or other legal process, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others or ourselves. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful.
Whenever our data processing practices with regard to Personal Information that you actively submit to us are substantially different from those described in this Website Privacy Statement, we will add special privacy notices to those segments of our website where we prompt you to submit Personal Information, e.g., in connection with contests or special promotions.
Monster endeavors to take reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the security of our users' Personal Information. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. We do not, however, warrant or represent that your Personal Information is completely safe from hackers and other security threats. If you have questions about the security of this website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Web Site Privacy Statement
If we decide to change this Website Privacy Statement, which we reserve the right to do, at any time, effective immediately," we will post the revised policy at this location, or at another location that is accessible via link from our homepage, so that users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under circumstances, if any, we disclose it, on any given day. If at any point we decide to use Personal Information in a manner that is substantially different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users by way of an email or a prominent notice on our Web site, and provide users with a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Obtain and Modify Information
We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your Personal Information and try to keep information accurate and complete. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if and what Personal Information we may have related to you. Also, if any of your Personal Information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if you would like delete the Personal Information that we maintain about you, please let us know at email@example.com. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
455 Valley Drive, Brisbane CA 94005